Job Opportunity! Temple Israel, White Plains
Director of Early Childhood Education
Temple Israel Center, White Plains, NY (35 minutes north of NYC)
We are a fully egalitarian, inclusive Conservative congregation with a commitment to
Jewish education seeking an exceptional, experienced Early Childhood Education
Director who will build upon and enhance our NYS licensed preschool of 50+ children.
Temple Israel Center Nursery School fosters a loving, inclusive, and safe environment
infused with Jewish values and tradition, where each child and every family is respected
and treasured. We believe that through multi-sensory experiences, discovery, and
problem solving, children gain the building blocks necessary to become enthusiastic
and confident learners. Our developmentally appropriate curriculum enables learners to
build strong habits of the mind, critical thinking skills, resiliency, and focus. Guided with
best practices developed by early childhood experts, our compassionate educators
nurture the social, emotional, and creative growth of our children.
Who is the Ideal Candidate?
● Warm, dynamic, calm, and engaging
● Excellent leadership and the ability to inspire and motivate others
● High level management skills, including planning, staff management, and
● Strong experience with communications to current and prospective families, an
understanding of how to highlight the school’s strengths and priorities, and how
to attract new families
● Knowledge of best practices for curriculum, child growth and development,
instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment, and a
willingness to step into the classroom whenever needed
● Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
● Experience in Jewish Early Childhood Education (3 years experience a plus)
What are the Responsibilities?
Manage Program and Staff
● Directly manage and cultivate our play-based, progressive, developmentally
appropriate, Reggio-inspired curriculum
● Manage extended day options, though not expected to be present for the entire
day: Early Bird (7:30am-9 am) and Stay & Play (11:45am-6:30 pm)
● Provide active leadership, supervision, guidance, and professional development
opportunities to our teaching and administrative staff
● Ensure that all preschool programs are at all times in compliance with applicable
local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and rules
● Annually prepare and present the preschool budget
● Engage and interact with the children and families, building warm relationships,
communicating regularly, and understanding and addressing individual needs
● Recruit new families through tours, creative programs, and marketing campaigns
● Have a basic understanding of social media and maintain an active presence on
the school’s Facebook and Instagram pages
● Work with parents, lay leaders, and clergy, including incoming Senior Rabbi
Annie Tucker, in planning, promoting, co-leading, and assessing new initiatives
and ongoing programming
● Be an integral member of the Temple Israel Center Education Team through staff
meetings and collaborating on education and synagogue programming
● Build and deepen young family engagement within the larger Temple Israel
● Evaluate current programming and make improvements where appropriate
When Do We Want You?
July 1, 2019
This is a leadership position, that reports to the Director of Learning and Engagement.
The starting salary for this role is $80K+ based on experience, plus an attractive
How to apply
For questions, more information about the position, or to apply, please send a
thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference
Director of Early Childhood Education in the subject. Please visit the TIC website to
learn more about our community.