NEW JOB POSTING! Quality Specialist
Organization: Westchester Community Opportunity Program
Immediate Supervisor: Babies Steps Forward Project Coordinator
Contact: Diane Schwartz, Interim Coordinator, Babies Step Forward, email@example.com, (914) 592-5600 ext. 124
The Quality Specialist will provide a range of technical assistance, training, and support services to Infant/Toddler classrooms staff in center-based programs, in order to improve program quality and meet Early Head Start performance standards.
He/she will establish and maintain partnerships with Westchester, Dutchess and Putnam families, to promote accomplishment of family goals and plans.
- Providing training and support in curriculum, infant/toddler development, child assessment, nutrition, family engagement, primary caregiving and special needs.
- Working as a team with other Babies Step Forward Specialists.
- Training and assisting center administrators with all documentation and reporting requirements.
- Promoting CDA training and reinforce application of Babies Step Forward knowledge and skills into the classrooms.
- Assisting staff in setting up environment.
- Ordering new materials and supplies.
- Supporting centers in enrolling children into the BSF program and engaging families in program.
- Maintaining comprehensive, accurate and timely records of activities.
- Participating actively in all training team meetings and Stakeholder meetings.
Key Working Relationships
BSF Disabilities Specialists
BSF Registered Nurse
Teachers/ Teachers Assistants
BSF Facilities Coordinator
Other Babies Step Forward Staff
Early Head Start Coordinator
- Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education with a specialty in Infants/Toddlers.
- Minimum of three years administrative, teaching and training experience.
- Knowledge of CDA Credential System and Head Start Performance Standards preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.