Rochester Chapter of NYAEYC Celebrates Month of the Young Child
The Rochester International Children’s Film Festival
Monday, April 2, 2018, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
~ Children’s art work on display in local libraries throughout the month.
~ Community VIPs sharing stories with young children in early learning settings.
~ The Rochester International Children’s Film Festival screening shorts at libraries, childcare centers and homes, school-age programs, and preschools.
For more information, check out our information flyer by clicking HERE!
Call for Nominations!
The Month of the Young Child
Exemplary Early Educator Award
In recognition of the importance of the early childhood workforce in the education of our youngest learners, The Month of the Young Child planning committee invites you to nominate an exemplary early educator to be honored with The Month of the Young Child Exemplary Early Educator Award at our kick off celebration on Monday, April 2. We will honor three individuals representing family child care, center care, or public school setting in roles that include teacher, assistant, aide, or administrator. Please consider nominating one of your colleagues or your administrator.
Send an email nomination to
by March 15, 2018
Your phone number
The name of the person you are nominating
The best way to contact and contact information for the nominee
The nominee’s professional position and location
How long you have known the nominee and in what capacity
How long the nominee has been in the early childhood profession
Why the nominee deserves this award (give concrete examples):
– what makes this nominee unique in your eyes?
– name personal and professional qualities this person possesses
– how does the nominee relate to others?
– name some hobbies, talents, or special skills of the nominee
Please note: Members of the Rochester Chapter of NYAEYC Leadership Team are not eligible for this award.
Other events throughout the month!
- Displays of children’s art work in libraries and child care programs
- Book sharing with children by community VIPs
- Screening of Children’s Film Festival selections at libraries, family child care homes, child care centers, school age and preschool programs