The NYAEYC State Office is Hiring! Join our team!
NYAEYC is seeking candidates for the part – time (20-25 hours/week) position of Administrative Assistant to work with the Executive Director, staff members and Board of Directors. The office is located in Albany, NY. Some in state travel is required.
- Answers phone, directs and refers calls; handles calls within own responsibilities
- Handles communications in an efficient, professional manner
- Oversees and implements registration system and all functions for annual conference
- Collects and maintains information to be used as a basis for reports and memoranda including membership collection systems, postage, copying, faxing
- Prepares forms, summaries and reports for various phases of NYAEYC program
- Creates and implements filing systems – manual and computerized
- Manages databases
- Receives, sorts and reads all mail
- Types correspondence, memoranda, reports, labels, etc.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies
- Assures maintenance of office equipment
- Assigns and reviews work of volunteers and student interns
- Maintains a neat, orderly, attractive office environment
- Assists Executive Director in maintaining calendar of appointments
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with the NYAEYC Board, Members, Collaborators, Volunteers, Student Interns, Staff and Public
- Demonstrates reliability, tact and diplomacy, dependability, positive attitude and willingness to learn new skills and information
- Skilled in the following: Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, database management
- Education in and/or extensive experience in office systems/administration
If you are an energetic, organized, dependable team player – send us your resume! Please email your qualifications to Avril Mills, our Professional Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to mail them to our office:
Attn: Administrative Assistant
230 Washington Avenue Extension
Albany, NY 12203
No phone calls please- qualified candidate will be contacted.