YMCA Job Posting!
Universal Pre-K (UPK) Teacher – Lewis Street
Rochester, NY • 53 Lewis St., Rochester, NY, 14605
“The YMCA offers a competitive benefit package including medical and dental insurance, paid sick and vacation time, generous retirement package and a free YMCA family membership.”
Rate of Pay: $28,000 – $30,000
Under the direction of the Youth Development Director, the Universal Pre-K Teacher is responsible for planning and implementing the daily program as it relates to children and their classroom activities. Major emphasis is on program excellence and developing quality care of the highest standard. The Universal Pre-K Teacher will maintain ongoing program continuity by ensuring the schedules’, program and facility use plans are followed and adhere to the Rochester City School District curriculum and regulations. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
- Develop, implement, and ensure unit lesson plans are in accordance with RCSD curriculum and regulations.
- Develop and implement daily classroom activity.
- Implement UPK programming and curriculum in accordance with RCSD curriculum and regulations.
- Maintain and keep current UPK records, portfolios, and CORE reporting systems in accordance with RCSD curriculum and regulations.
- Cultivate and maintain a positive working relationship with co-workers and parents.
- Conduct meetings, visitations, evaluations, parent contact, and day-to-day operations of the classroom.
- Create and maintain a safe and attractive learning environment.
- Coordinate with classroom assistants in delivery of classroom activities.
- Apprise Child Care Director of major situations requiring management attention.
- Organize center events (field trips, school pictures, etc.)
- Actively attend and participate in swim classes, being a viable aide to the swim instructor.
- Expand job knowledge and classroom skills on an ongoing basis.
- Through knowledge of Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) regulations, YMCA of Greater Rochester procedures, rules, regulations, and guidelines, and branch regulations.
- Attends all required meetings and trainings.
- Meets OCFS and YMCA required training standards and certifications.
- Perform other tasks related to the operation of the childcare center as assigned.
- Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
- Operational Effectiveness: Makes sounds judgements, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree and a New York State Teacher Certification-Birth to Second Grade. Minimum two years working with children in education or child care setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various resources for programming ideas and the skills to utilize that information in directing daily activities.
- Ability to supervise children by sight and sound at all times.
- Ability to stand for duration of shift.
- Ability to move around the room to assist and supervise children with daily activities, social interaction, physical and emotional needs.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Please apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/54770